An important part of your progress is keeping track of what you eat. You can use the Food Log to record your food intake for each meal and snack throughout your day.
The Food Log is accessible at any time in the VLM program once you have completed the Orientation lesson. You can access it by clicking on Tracking, then clicking the Food Log tab below Today’s Tracking Information.
The Food Log allows you to enter food and meal information for the current day and up to 10 days in the past.
Adding food to the Food Log:
- Select the day you want to track food using the calendar above Today’s Tracking Information
- Open the meal you want to add food to and click Add a Food (Breakfast is open by default)
- An Add Food window will appear. Use the search field to type in the food you are looking for. Use the Previous and Next buttons at the bottom of the search results to navigate through the options
- Click on the food you would like to add
- Select the appropriate meal and portion sizes using the dropdown menus, and click Save
The food item will be added to the selected meal and the corresponding calorie, carb, fat, and sodium values will be added to the Daily Totals section at the bottom of the Food Log.